Sunday, March 30, 2014

Twilight: The Saga Continues

Y'all know how I love mainstream teenybopper pop movies....

There is this race that happens every year here in Athens called the Twilight Criterium.  This day just so happens to be one of my favorite days of the year.  For the past several years I have shown my love for this fabulous day starting early and ending sometimes late, but most often early... real early, those are all good stories on there own, ask me later.  This year I entered a sculpture competition to build the winners trophy for the main event.  The only stipulations were height (20 inches), incorporating bike parts, and that you use the provided "custom (4 2x4's and a piece of plywood) base".  The artsy seeming guy who was at the "custom sculpture base" pick up spot proclaimed that he thought "using gears was too cliche", said guy is planing on incorporating a bunch of used inner tubes in his "sculpture"............... we will see.  I on the other hand/cliche side am thinking on a different plane....My thoughts are bike people like bike parts, and gears are integral to bicycles, so........ I went totally "cliche" and built my sculpture/trophy/blob totally out of gears.... It is not finished yet but will be real soon....
Next step will be a gold flake powder coat

Rising that dirty dirty flux off

The brain child being born

3 comments:

  1. Recycled gears are way cooler to look at than recycled tubes....and they just smell better

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome looking cliche art. You do live in Athens so you know there is bound to be some ARTitude.. hey btw I have torch envy.

    ReplyDelete