Monday, June 30, 2014

Bucky the Tube Slayer!

Hmmmmmmmm... What is the most productive use of my time today.... Seeing how I am midish way through a pretty major home renovation I ask myself this most days..... should I start to tare out that wall, studd in the new closet, relocate the kitchen plumbing, remove/move electrical, start laying new wood floor, relocate lighting, build new cabinet doors, refinish cabinets, etc, etc, etc.  I know.... I'll clean off the deck first because it is getting cluttered with building trash, kitchen sink, wood, old cabinet doors...etc.  While carrying said cabinet doors to back of truck I thought... "these are pretty crappy doors... but this is good quality plywood (12 ply birch, no core voids)".... the mind ran wild and after a couple hours of work, none of which was productive toward home renovation.... VOILA
8 inch radius 

A little jig saw action


A bunch of screws

First test bend.... Turned out pretty darn good!

3 comments:

  1. It is just some scrap random stuff.... 7/8 or 1"...... somthing like that..... I have yet to scrafice a piece of good tube.... Bucky might destroy good steel, we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update... Today I bent 2 sections of 5/8".... one .058 and the other .035.... Both turned out bout perfect!

    ReplyDelete