Tuesday, March 24, 2015

# 2



On a recent trip to Ashe-Vegas/Pisgah/Dupont I acquired a bicycle part that I have no bicycle to fit.... I purchased this part from a pretty well know area builder for a super fair price.  The part is a suspension fork, something I have been without for a couple years now.  I have been rocking it rigid partly out of choice and partly out of mistake (the first bike I built had a head tube that was a few millimeters too long to work with any of the 3 other straight steer forks in my possession).  The new to me fork is a Fox Float 34.  She was rebuilt recently and rebuilt with a previous years internals that historically have had less flaws than the current model… we will see…  She has 140 mm of travel and she will be thoroughly enjoyed, as soon as I can braze up a frame for her to steer down the hill....

#2’s design is pretty much done.... Building has commenced and when done this thing should rip!
Specs will look something like this....
140 mm head tube
69 degree head tube angle
55 mm BB drop
74 degree seat tube
Effective top tube 640mm
16.5ish inch chain stays
12x142 rear axle
shortish stem 50-60 mm
140mm fork travel
etc.....

Wish me luck....

Bad picture of headtube
Better picture of less finished headtube
Dupont
pretentious apes
Sierra Nevada Brewery, Mills River, NC

pretentious apes

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the mills river brewery is a fact, maybe someone should clue them in that they are a few thousand miles off the map from the Sierra Nevada and the only spanish spoken in appalachia is the word Ingles. Maybe you can get a brick sausage there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MasterChard: You feel like you are driving up to a mansion in Aspen as you snake up the manicured driveway only to arrive at the booshiest solar powered parking lot on the planet, you enter a building adorned with a blinding amount of copper, then you’re greeted by 47 people, get waited on by a creepy waiter, and then get served an overpriced tiny meal.... JRad no happy caveman... The food is really good and the beerz are still delicious.... money from all those green cans I drink has to go somewhere...

      Delete
    2. ....So its worse than I thought....bet they don't have any sports drink.

      Delete
  2. Good luck man! sounds cool.. cant wait to see it in progress. Let me know if there is anything I can do.. I got little bits and pieces lying around. What wheel size?

    ReplyDelete