Thursday, November 5, 2015

Recommence Rad

Well..... for the past several months I have been real busy.... busy building tons of stuff.... finishing projects and getting s#*t done.... or at least that’s what I keep telling myself.... most people would say the past several months sound pretty rad and productive......... Productive yes.... rad..... not so much.... All of this work has been finishing house projects, work work, yard work, etc....  I have had no time do rad stuff.  Yeah I have been riding a good bit, but only in town trail.... I've had to forego the out of town mini epics in order to finish house projects on the weekends.... The house still isn't finished but its pretty darn close......

Sooooooo I have had the chance to move my non work work in a more rad direction.  And hopefully will be getting my mini epic on again real real soon.... 


The first of the rad projects was a custom frame bag for the one... the only..... JP W@re$.... He, the Puc Puggy Cycles  Supreme Commander Bobby, and another friend who we will just call Braa where heading out in a few weeks to try their luck on the Trans North Ga bike route (TNGA) and JP well..... needed a bag.  I ain’t no semester but all parties involved were pleased with the results.  For the very same trip I was commissioned to alter a bag made for Braa by Jpacks ( a pro bag maker) for a bike he no longer owns... Both projects were fun and payment was made in full before and upon delivery... The barter system is alive and strong here in the Athens, GA mtn bike community!
Husky Power


W@re$ and his Puc Puggy
Now it was time for some projects of my own....
Fellow Pretentious Ape, Bro, and trail shredder JRad...powder coats bikes... and anything else that will fit in the oven...... It just so happens my bike was the guinea pig late one night a few years ago.... let’s just say the beerz were good, the knowledge base was slim and the thought of a fresh coat was burning a hole in someone’s pocket.... not all steps in the prep process were taken and to make a long story short.... after a few years of hard riding, and more than few nights left outside to the weather, the surface rust was winning the battle with the Ford Blue powder..... Well….. number one is no longer Ford Blue..... After the better part of a Sunday stripping old powder, blasting, sanding, and a few new braz ons .... Might I introduce Gray Pupon.....
The last time she will be allowed on the furniture....
Next on the agenda is frame number 2..... Ideas have been tossed around..... drawings have been drawn...... drawings have been re-drawn..... drawings have been modified...... modifications have been modified but the build has begun..... I think.   

First bit to be built..... the all important head tube.....
Flux....

Flame...

The product of the flux, flame, and a lil brass...

ghetto lathe!

I'll take it!

Second Annual Haloween  Via Ferrata!



3 comments:

  1. Nice Ghetto Lathe...I think I once featured a similar one in a blog post featuring bike number five. I needed to turn down some squirrel nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was used to file the heatube renforcing ring concentric fillets.... worked way better than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ghetto lathed my drill press one time too when I had to turn down some front hub end caps cuz they didn't fit. That worked even better!

    ReplyDelete